Where is Trash Bash?
San Diego Bay along the Embarcadero.
View Trash Bash 2012 in a larger map
How do I sign up to volunteer?
To be announced
What should I bring with me to Trash Bash?
- Signed General Waiver AND signed Diver Waiver
- Your own dive gear, including 2 filled air tanks
- Lift bag optional
- Signed Snorkeling Waiver
- Your own snorkel gear
- Dry clothes
- Signed General Waiver
- Wear clothes you do not mind getting dirty, closed-toe shoes, gloves and hat.
- Bucket optional
What should I wear to Trash Bash?
Please wear clothes you do not mind getting dirty, closed toe shoes, and gloves.
Where should I park?
The metered parking along N. Harbor Drive is the closest parking to the event location. Carpooling is recommended.
What time is check-in?
Check-in will be at 8:15AM sharp and there will be LOTS of people so PLEASE be on time! Make sure to bring your signed waiver to expedite the check-in process!
Where do I check-in?
ALL volunteers please check-in at the registration tent at the Embarcadero on North Harbor Blvd. We will be located between Hornblower Cruise ships and the Maritime Museum. We are also directly across from the San Diego County Administration Building. Look for the SDOF tent!
View Trash Bash 2012 in a larger map
I have signed up to be a diver, what do I do now?
- Please send a COLOR copy of your Driver’s License AND dive certification(s) here by September 10th at 5:00PM.
- Print and sign both the General Waiver and the Dive Waiver and bring them with you to Trash Bash.
- Look for an email with your dock assignment September 21 at 4:00 PM
I have signed up to a snorkeler, what do I do now?
Great! You are good to go. Be sure to print and sign the Snorkeling Waiver and bring it with you to the event. You will also need to bring your own snorkel gear.
I have signed up to a land support volunteer, what do I do now?
Great! You are good to go. Be sure to print and sign the General Waiver and bring it with you to the event.
I signed up for Trash Bash and have not received a confirmation email…
Please send an email here letting us know you haven’t received one yet and we will fix that ASAP!
What is the Team Challenge?
Team Challenge is a simple and fun way to win some prizes and help our oceans at the same time. All you need to do is ask your friends, family, and co-workers to donate any monetary amount to your team. Their tax-deductible donation helps cover the cost of our programs and allows us to continue promoting ocean stewardship. Every $5 you raise earns you one ticket to our raffle with the opportunity to win $10,000 worth of prizes! Your fundraising page can be easily customized and promoted on various social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
The team with the best costume (judged by SDOF panel) will win an awesome team prize!
How do I earn raffle tickets?
$5 = 1 raffle ticket
Individuals will be rewarded raffle tickets for the following efforts:
- If you are a current SDOF Member (50 tickets)
- Super, Super Early Bird Sign up – registered by August 15 (30 tickets)
- Super Early Bird Sign up – registered by August 31 (20 tickets)
- Early Bird Sign Up – registered by September 15 (10 tickets)
- “Share” our Trash Bash Facebook event on your Facebook (1 ticket per share; max 1 per day)
- “Retweet” our SDOF TrashBash tweets on Twitter (1 ticket per retweet; max 1 per day)
- Various Facebook Challenges. Be sure to follow us on Facebook so you don’t miss out on any opportunities to score points! (Tickets vary)
- Volunteer Recruitment: recruit a friend to register for Trash Bash and have them put your name in the “Referred by” box. (10 tickets per person recruited)
Raffle tickets will also be available for purchase the day of the event!