Nominations for the Ocean Leadership Awards are now closed.
- Business of the Year:A San Diego business that engages in socially and environmentally responsible business practices, devises environmentally sustainable solutions to economic challenges, and serves as a role model for the community.
- Community Group of the Year:A San Diego community group or club that has made a significant impact in enhancing the marine environment, protecting sensitive marine resources, and promoting community involvement by inspiring, motivating, and educating others.
A member, teen, and youth of the San Diego community who strives to provide solutions to environmental challenges, advocates a better understanding of marine ecosystems, and engages in sustainable practices so we can continue enjoying our oceans.
- Community Member of the Year
- Teen of the Year (9th – 12th grade)
- Youth of the Year (K – 8th grade)
2013 Ocean Leadership Award Winners
Business of the Year:
Port of San Diego: Environment & Land Use Department
Community Group of the Year:
Marine Ecology and Biology Student Association
Community Member of the Year:
Volunteer of the Year:
Young Scientist of the Year:
Past Ocean Leadership Award Recipients 2012:
Hornblower Cruises & Events
Business of the Year
Slow Food Urban San Diego
Community Group of the Year
Community Member of the Year
Volunteer of the Year
Young Scientist of the Year