The winners of the Ocean Leadership Awards will be VIP guests at our Annual Oceans Benefit Gala during the spring, receive an additional complimentary ticket and will be presented with the award on stage at the event. For more information, visit: www.oceansbenefit.org
Nominations for the Ocean Leadership Awards are now closed.
- Business of the Year:A San Diego business that engages in socially and environmentally responsible business practices, devises environmentally sustainable solutions to economic challenges, and serves as a role model for the community.
- Community Group of the Year:A San Diego community group or club that has made a significant impact in enhancing the marine environment, protecting sensitive marine resources, and promoting community involvement by inspiring, motivating, and educating others.
A member, teen, and youth of the San Diego community who strives to provide solutions to environmental challenges, advocates a better understanding of marine ecosystems, and engages in sustainable practices so we can continue enjoying our oceans.
- Community Member of the Year
- Teen of the Year (9th – 12th grade)
- Youth of the Year (K – 8th grade)
2013 Ocean Leadership Award Winners
Business of the Year:
Port of San Diego: Environment & Land Use Department
Community Group of the Year:
Marine Ecology and Biology Student Association
Community Member of the Year:
Volunteer of the Year:
Young Scientist of the Year:
Past Ocean Leadership Award Recipients 2012:
Hornblower Cruises & Events
Business of the Year
Slow Food Urban San Diego
Community Group of the Year
Community Member of the Year
Volunteer of the Year
Young Scientist of the Year